Thank you for visiting Panacea Health!
My name is Petra Samland. I am a Registered Midwife, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), a Registered Homeopath and a Natural Fertility Coach. I am passionate about working with women and their families, as they approach different life stages and possible health concerns.
I am an experienced midwife and I have worked extensively in large hospitals in New Zealand and overseas, and as a Lead Maternity Carer (LMC) in the community.
Currently, I work as a locum midwife throughout the lower North Island, mostly in small rural maternity units. I do not offer private LMC midwifery care, but will work with you and your midwife to address any health concerns you may have.
The Lactation Consultant
I am an International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC).
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) almost every mother can breastfeed her baby, given the right information and support.
I am passionate about breastfeeding and will support clients to achieve the best possible outcome for themselves and for their babies. I will see you before and/or after birth, in my clinic or at your home.
As a Midwife and Lactation Consultant I appreciate the benefits and the limitations and dangers of many medications, especially when taken during pregnancy, labour and birth, or while breastfeeding.
Homeopathic medicines are safe, non-toxic and gentle without producing side effects. They can have a profound effect on a person's health and well-being. They are safe to be used together with other medical or non-medical treatments.
The Natural Fertility Coach
As a Midwife and as a Lactation Consultant I observe what a difference the health of both parents makes to conceiving, to maintaining and to enjoying a normal pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding experience.
Many problems are caused by life style and can be successfully addressed by following a pre-conception health programme.
I offer individually tailored pre-conception and fertility treatments, which are based on internationally renowned and highly successful natural fertility programmes. Choices are programmes based on 'Natural Fertility Management Programme' and/or a homeopathic fertility treatment developed by Liz Lalor.
These programme will assist you achieve your goals of conceiving a baby, of a healthy pregnancy and birth and of course of a healthy bonny baby!
- 1992 Bachelor of Arts (BA) (Otago University)
- 1995 Bachelor of Midwifery (BMid) (Otago Polytechnic)
- 1995 Registered Midwife (NZ, Australia, Germany)
- 2001 International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC)
- 2009 Masters in Health Practice (MHPr Mid) (Auckland University of Technology)
- 2013 Diploma of Homeopathy (Bay of Plenty College of Homeopathy/College of Natural Health & Homeopathy New Zealand)
- 2016 Practitioner Diploma in Reproductive Health and Fertility
- New Zealand College of Midwives (NZCOM)
- Midwifery Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- New Zealand Lactation Consultants Association (NZLCA)
- New Zealand Council of Homeopaths (NZCH)